Did you know that Banana Bread is now officially about a century old in the world? It was invented in the 1920s when people didn’t want to throw away their over ripe bananas in the times of great recession. Well, 100/100 for sustainability on that one.
Banana Bread when invented, was basically made of bananas, flour, sugar, butter, milk and eggs coming together to make a sweet loaf of bread. Over the years and with countless improvisations, Banana Bread has seen all sorts of experimentations. One of the reasons could also be that it is tricky to make Banana Bread, we are just guessing from experience.
You have to ensure the perfect wet to dry ratio, the method and time of baking, getting the flavours and ingredients right, to name a few.
Was Banana Bread a mammoth task for us? Yes. Was it easy? Far from it. Did we have an option to not have it in The Nibble Box menu? NOWAY!
It is a breakfast that is baked, gorgeously flavourful, truly a labour of love and we have always loved every single slice of the Banana Breads during all these months of trials. It simply is never enough! We had to make it reach you. Anyhow. We have made Banana Bread of your dreams (if we may say so ourselves), and in TWO flavours – Classic and Belgian Dark Chocolate! Made using high quality and brilliant ingredients, it is very simple and easy for you to make (you save more than 85% of your preparation time).
Where we really found the task tricky was making these Banana Breads VEGAN! And GLUTEN FREE, too! To find the perfect and healthier ingredient replacements may still look doable but making it a success on the ingredient choice, taste and consistency fronts was where we really challenged ourselves. Now let’s talk about results. Your Banana Bread is going to be perfectly moist, nutty, flavourful and you even get thin slices! When made as per the suggested step-by-step, it comes out exactly the same every single time. Make yourself a loaf and savour days and days of delicious #BrekkieAdventures. Do not miss to tell us how it goes and know that we loaf you!
Bring Café Home:
- KNOW every single ingredient that goes into your Banana Bread
- Breakfast for days: Make a loaf and enjoy warm, nutty, moist Banana Bread for days
Makes: 1 loaf of Banana Bread
- Gluten free – no refined flour
- Vegan friendly – no dairy, no eggs
- Contains Raw banana flour (a prebiotic, good for gut)
- No Added Refined Sugar
- Zero Trans Fats
- Rich in healthy fats and plant protein
- 62% Nuts, fruit , seeds
- Low and complex sugar – we used coconut sugar , a lower GI sugar that is also nutrient dense
TASTE & CONSISTENCY:
- Moist and tea-cake like
- Belgian Dark Chocolate – Intensely chocolate, bitter-sweet and is more pronounced on cacao flavours than banana. Decadent.
How to Prepare:
Just add milk, bananas and oil to bake yourself a loafly loaf of Banana Bread! Full details on the pack and on our Instagram handle : @thenibblebox
Ways to eat:
- Toast it and top with coconut butter, a drizzle of maple, salt and pepper. This is the best way to enjoy Banana Bread (Classic).
- Tastes great as is.
- Warm up a slice and top it with any nut butter of choice, Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut go particularly well with Dark Chocolate Banana Bread.
- Top with more banana slices or berries and some chopped walnuts.
There is no limit to exploring ways to enjoy a Banana Bread breakfast! It tastes ah-mazing with a hot cup of tea.
Any questions? Please write to us at email@example.com
You can watch the assisting videos for making these pancakes and topping them up in our Instagram feed : instagram.com/thenibblebox